Firstly, a sincere thank you to all of the volunteers, and club members, for their marvelous work on keeping up with GRC Covid Protocols. With the news that Ontario will be moving to Step One in the Reopening, and Row Ontario’s update that programs and an increase to 10 people/session are permitted, it is expected there will be an increase in people at the boathouse. This is good news as many are excited to get back on the water. Moving forward, it is important to please keep the following in mind:
- Arrive on time, not early or late, for your scheduled row. This helps to ensure areas remain crowd free and physical distancing can be maintained.
- Upon arrival to the boathouse check in with your Covid Captain. To determine who the Captain is for your session look to the top row of the sign-up sheet.
- Be mindful of the number of people on the docks when you are launching or returning to the dock. If needed, please wait for additional people to clear before proceeding.
- As there are multiple sessions each morning, be aware of the time you are launching/returning to allow the groups before and after you to have access to the docks and equipment.
- Follow the system of arrive-row-leave, and only be at the boathouse for your scheduled row. Hopefully, in the future, we may return to morning parking lot chats.
Once again, thank you to members, volunteer COVID Captains, coaches, and the COVID Committee for all you do to make GRC run smoothly during these times.