Guelph Rowing Club is currently recruiting for a fall part-time coach position.
Recreation Coach: Seven weeks, 15-18 hours/week, $16.00/hr.
The position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs, the candidate must meet eligibility criteria:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration & Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment and, have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Focus on coaching Novice programs, if available support Recreation and Masters programs
- First priority (required):
- Thursdays 7:15-8:30 am (2 weeks max to complete Learn To Scull)
- Wednesdays and Fridays 7:15 -8:30 am
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30-7:45 pm
- Wednesdays and Fridays 6:00-7:15 pm
- Second priority:
- Mondays 6:30-8:30 pm
- Wednesdays 7:30-9:00 pm
- Act as Covid Captain when required
- Manage equipment and boathouse care
- Support site and boat maintenance
- Support planning and preparation for the University of Guelph Invitational Regatta
- Ontario Pleasure Craft Operators Card, First-aid and clear Vulnerable Records check required
- Working towards National Coaching Certification
- Excellent communication, customer service, organizational skills required
- Experience working in a team setting and the ability to work independently required
- Rowing experience required, coaching experience an asset
Send resume to Nancy Kielar VP HR for Guelph Rowing Club by July 19, 2021 4:30pm
Guelph Rowing Club welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.