Have you ever felt that you may want to coach? Well now is the time to jump in!! Guelph Rowing Club is desperately in need of new volunteer coaches for our club to support our current, amazing coaches.
To this, Guelph Rowing Club is pleased to run a Coach Weekend #1 clinic at our club on May 14 (8am -5pm) and 15 (8am-2pm). Cost to attend will be FREE to club members up to a maximum of 12 participants in total.
Coaches must have all prerequisites completed at the time of registration to be accepted and must attend both days to take advantage of this FREE club-sponsored event. Please follow this link to view the prerequisites and the outline for the workshop.
Workshop details: Coaches are guided through the course curriculum and practical exercises focused on coaching athletes in a competitive context. RCA Coach is appropriate for anyone wanting to coach but particularly for coaches working with athletes in the Train to Train and Learn to Compete stage of the Athlete Development Pathway.
The RCA Coach Weekend #1 includes curriculum facilitated by a trained NCCP Learning Facilitator as well as independent work in the following modules:
- Making Ethical Decisions (Review)
- Long Term Athlete Development
- Analyze Performance – Technique
- Analyze Performance – Rigging
- Design a Sport Program – Categories of Intensity
- Movement Screen
- Support Athletes in Training
- Support the Competitive Experience – Rules of Racing and LTAD
Upon completion of RCA Weekend #1 (including prerequisites), coaches will be considered “In Training”. After applying the concepts learned in Weekend #1 by actively coaching for a recommended six months, coaches will complete RCA Weekend #2 to achieve “Trained” status in preparation for evaluation and certification as an RCA Coach.
- Open to Ontario coaches only (maximum: 12 participants)
- Register in The Locker
- Complete the RCA e-learning module “Rowing Essentials”*
- Complete the NCCP Making Ethical Decisions workshop, including the Evaluation*
- Complete the NCCP “Coaching Initiation in Sport” eLearning module*
*Available in the eLearning tab in your Locker profile.
All prerequisites must be complete prior to registration. Your registration will be canceled and refunded if prerequisites are not complete at the time of registration.
Learning Facilitators: Paul Beedling
- Saturday May 14th 8am – 5pm
- Sunday May 15th 8am – 2pm
NOTE: Coaches must attend both sessions to receive workshop credit.
Location: At the Guelph Rowing Clubhouse
Cost: $0 (this is a Club-sponsored event)
Course registration closes at 2:00 pm on Friday, May 9 or when the capacity of 12 participants is reached.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.