June 1st – 30th, 2021
Who’s ready to get moving?! This year the club will be hosting a ParticipAction event to keep everyone active as we eagerly await to get back on the water! Participants can complete activities individually or in teams. To keep things interesting, this will be a battle between the men and the women of the club – after all, who doesn’t like a friendly competition! Each week there will be a new theme to focus on: mobility, strength, cardio, and more! You will track your total active minutes in the training log to gain points for your team and win “medals” for yourself. Not good enough?? Post pictures of your workout on social media tagging @guelphrowingclub and @participaction to gain bonus points! Still need more?? At the end of each week, the most spirited team will receive even more bonus points – the more enthusiasm we see, the more points are awarded!
Prizes will be given to the most active participants so get creative, keep safe, and let’s get moving GRC!
- Men vs. women
- Training log
- Each week = new focus
- Workouts may be completed in groups as long as social distancing regulations are respected (i.e. zoom workouts)
- Must have a minimum of 5 members participating at the designated time to count as a group event
- 1 group event per day, as many times per week as desired
- Team captains will be responsible for assuring that the tracking log is honest and accurate
- Week 1 (June 1-6) – mobility
- Week 2 (June 7-13) – core
- Week 3 (June 14-20) – cardio
- Week 4 (June 21-27) – strength
- Week 5 (June 28-30) – you choose!
- Be creative! You and/or your team can create your own workout!
- Workout videos
- No equipment or equipment
- Row! (Hopefully soon!)
- Bike, erg, run
- Core series
- Really anything as long as you’re keeping safe and being active!
For individual events
- 15-30 mins: 5 pts
- 31-45 mins: 10 pts
- 46-60 mins: 15 pts
*points will double if activity is completed in a group (min of 5 participants at a given time)
*activities must me a minimum of 15 minutes to count
Medals – for total hours accumulated over the week (awarded each week to individuals)
- Gold: 5 hrs
- Silver: 4 hrs
- Bronze: 3 hrs
- Bonus points can range anywhere from 10-50 points
- The more creative/enthusiastic you are, the more points you are likely to get!
- Programme coordinators will decide on amount of bonus points awarded
Week 1: June 1-6
|Activity||Total active minutes||Group||individual||pts.|
|Day 2||Hip mobility video||30||✓||10|
|Day 3||Self-directed stretch||15||✓||5|
|Day 4||Upper body mobility||30||✓||5|
|Day 6||Lower body mobility||30||✓||10|
Total points for week: 90
*This is an example of 1 team member’s tracking.
*There will be a spreadsheet to track team’s progress