Fall High School Learn to Row
This program is an introduction to the sport of rowing for athletes currently enrolled in high school. The program is two weeks long with lesson times Monday to Friday 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. at the GRC boathouse, rain or shine.
WHO: This program is designed for high-school athletes as an introduction to the sport of rowing.
WHERE: Guelph Rowing Club boathouse, rain or shine
WHEN: Orientation and Information Meeting – Thursday Sept. 6, 6:00 pm at the Guelph Rowing Club boathouse.
Regular lesson times:
Monday Sept. 10 to Friday Sept. 14,
Monday Sept. 17 to Friday Sept. 21
6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Note: Friday Sept. 21 will be a race night and treats.
WHAT: This program focuses on the Sport For Life Learn-to-Train and Training-to-Train phases of Long Term Athlete Development.
Participants in this introductory rowing program will learn . . .
- Safety rules and navigational protocols
- Fundamental rowing technique
- Care and maintenance of equipment – racing shell and oars
- Introduction to training & racing
- Proper boat handling and dock procedures
- Learning to be a member of a crew
Students who complete the fall learn-to-row program and enjoy the sport of rowing may wish to go on to participate in the winter training and spring on-the-water competitive programs.
FEE: see Program Fees page
Registration deadline Monday September 10, before you go on the water!!!!!!
- Watch this RCA video on youth rowing.
- Watch the RCA safety video before the first lesson.
- Forms: Download, print, and complete the following forms and bring them to the first lesson.
The Fall Junior Rowing Program and associated events are under the control and supervision of the GRC and are not school-supervised events. Participants are insured through their registration with RowOntario and Rowing Canada.
- Register using the button below.
The GRC policy is that there will be no refunds of program fees. Under special circumstances, a program fee may be partially refunded. This is based on provision of timely, officially documented medical reasons, which cannot have pre-existed at the time of joining GRC. This decision is solely at the discretion of the Board, and subject to deduction of fees committed on behalf of the registrant.