Adult Learn to Row
(18 years and up)
If you have always wanted to row, this is the course for you!
- Ages 18 and up, no previous experience necessary
- Lessons available either mornings or evenings, twice a week for four weeks
- A weekend session of four half days is also available
- The program provides 12 hours of rowing instruction
- Option to join novice program for remainder of the season
What is it? Learn-to-Row…..
- Our program offers participants the experience of sweep rowing with an eight – person crew. Participants will learn rowing safety, rowing technique, coxswains commands, and boat handling.
- The program will end with a Regatta, BBQ, and awards ceremony, where you will be able to show off your rowing talents to friends and family.
When is it?
- Lessons begin the week of June 1, 2015.
- Program concludes with a Regatta on Saturday, July 4, 2015 at the Guelph Rowing Club – Guelph Lake.
Weekday Programs (there are six time slots to choose from):
- Monday/Wednesday mornings 6:00 am – 7:30am (CANCELLED)
- Monday /Wednesday nights 6:00 pm – 7:30pm
- Monday /Wednesday nights 7:30 pm – 9:00pm
- Tuesday/Thursday mornings 6:00 am – 7:30am
- Tuesday/Thursday nights 6:00 pm – 7:30pm (CANCELLED)
- Tuesday/Thursday nights 7:30 pm – 9:00pm
Weekend Program (there is one time slot available)
Four half day lessons which take place on June 13, 14, 20 and 21 (Saturdays and Sundays).
These sessions start at 8:00 a.m. and end at approximately 11:00 a.m.
How many people can sign up?
Spaces are limited by the number of seats in the boats and coaching availability. So sign ups are first come (i.e. paid), first served.
How fit do I have to be?
We welcome people 18 years or older and of all abilities and fitness levels. You must be able to swim 30 metres. Some freedom of movement is required for getting into and out of the boat. Crews will also carry their boat to the water.
What do I wear?
Close fitting shorts (spandex bike-type shorts are ideal) or tights, and a t-shirt (with a sweatshirt or fleece if it is cold). Remember to wear/bring socks and a water bottle.
How do I keep rowing after Learn to Row?
LTR graduates can join recreational rowing for the remainder of the season, as a ‘Novice’ rower. Details will be discussed at the end of LTR sessions.
Where is it?
Guelph Rowing Club – Guelph Lake
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Deadline Dates for Registration:
o May 31 (Weekday Programs)
o June 12 (Weekend programs)
- Late Fee: 10% over the regular fee after the deadline date
- Registration fee: $285 – ($252.12 +$32.79 HST) Refer to the Program Fees page for very important fee information.
- Visit the Registration Page to get signed up!
The GRC policy is that there will be no refunds of program fees. Under special circumstances, a program fee may be partially refunded. This is based on provision of timely, officially documented medical reasons, which cannot have pre-existed at the time of joining GRC. This decision is solely at the discretion of the Board, and subject to deduction of fees committed on behalf of the registrant.