If you have always wanted to row, this is the course for you!
- No previous experience necessary
- 18 years +
- Lessons available either mornings or evenings, twice a week for four weeks or over 2 weekends
- The program provides 12 hours of rowing instruction and ends with a BBQ and Regatta
- Participants will learn rowing safety, rowing technique, coxswains commands, and boat handling
How many people can sign up?
Spaces are limited by the number of seats in the boats and coaching availability. So sign ups are first come (i.e. paid), first served.
How fit do I have to be?
We welcome people 18 years or older and of all abilities and fitness levels. You must be able to swim 30 metres. Some freedom of movement is required for getting into and out of the boat. Crews will also carry their boat to the water.
What do I wear?
Close fitting shorts (spandex bike-type shorts are ideal) or tights, and a t-shirt (with a sweatshirt or fleece if it is cold). Remember to wear/bring socks and a water bottle.
How do I keep rowing after Learn to Row?
Graduates can register for the Novice Program. Details will be discussed at the end of Learn to Row sessions.
Where is it?
Guelph Rowing Club – Guelph Lake
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline Dates for Registration: May 30
- Registration fee: $322.87. Refer to the Program Fees page for very important fee information.