High School Rowing On-Water
High School Rowing – On-Water
- Pat Weir pat.weir AT rogers.com
- Ph. 519-822-2411
Dates: mid April until early June
This program is designed for high-school athletes as an introduction to the sport of rowing and those returning from previous rowing programs. It focuses on the Learn-to-Train and Training-to-Train phases of Long term Athlete Development (LTAD). Students must be in full time attendance at a high school and be under 19 years of age on January 1, 2017.
Due to coaching and equipment limitations, we are currently offering this program to students who are attending John F. Ross CVI, GCVI and Centennial CVI. If you are from another school, please contact Pat Weir.
Participants will learn…
- Fundamental rowing technique
- Introduction to training & competitive racing
- Care and maintenance of equipment – racing shell and oars
- Proper boat handling and dock procedures
- Safety rules and navigational protocols
- Learning to be a member of a crew
Additional costs may include team uniform, fees, and costs associated with regattas and travel.
- Mother’s Day – Sunday May 14 in St. Catharines
- South Niagara High School Invite – Saturday and Sunday May 20 & 21 in Welland
- Canadian Secondary School Rowing Association – Friday June 2 to Sunday June 4
Refund Policy: The GRC policy is that there will be no refunds of program fees. Under special circumstances, a program fee may be partially refunded. This is based on provision of timely, officially documented medical reasons, which cannot have pre-existed at the time of joining GRC. This decision is solely at the discretion of the Board, and subject to deduction of fees committed on behalf of the registrant.
Forms: If you have not already done so, please download, print and complete the following forms…
The High School Rowing Program and associated events are under the control and supervision of the GRC and are not school supervised events. Participants are insured through their registration with RowOntario and Rowing Canada.