(men and women aged 21 and older)
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more details about the Masters Rowing Program
- Prerequisite: minimum of one full season of rowing
- The masters program is for experienced rowers 21 year of age and older who are committed to training for competitive racing during the summer and/or fall season
- EACH YEAR single scullers must complete a Captain’s Test (view of video of one part of the captain’s test – the capsized boat).
- Masters Age Categories (Rowing Canada Aviron)
- AA: average age 21 or more
- A: average age 27 or more
- B: average age 36 or more
- C: average age 43 or more
- D: average age 50 or more
- E: average age 55 or more
- F: average age 60 or more
- G: average age 65 or more
- H: average age 70 or more
- I: average age 75 or more
- “GRC masters women and men have competed at the FISA World Masters, World Masters Games, US Masters Nationals, Royal Canadian Henley, Ontario Masters Championships and CORA Regattas”
- Sweep (pair, four and eight) and sculling (double and quad) shells are available for masters crews based on scheduling
- The GRC has truck and trailer transportation to facilitate attendance at regattas (entry fees and transportation costs to regattas are in addition to the GRC membership fee)
Mandatory Safety Program
- Every year all athletes must complete Parts A, B and C of the GRC Safety Program.
- Part A – supervised viewing of the Rowing Canada Safety Video;
- Part B – successful completion of a supervised/witnessed Swim Test (City of Guelph pool schedule);
- Part C – attendance at a Site Safety & Emergency Procedures Meeting.
- submit a GRC Safety Program Form to the Rowing Committee prior to going on-the-water.
- Athletes who cannot complete the swim test will not be allowed to row on the water.
- Volunteering Requirements
- Program Fees
- Deadline Date for Registration: April 30th
- Late Fee: 10% over the regular fee after the deadline date
The GRC policy is that there will be no refunds of program fees. Under special circumstances, a program fee may be partially refunded. This is based on provision of timely, officially documented medical reasons, which cannot have pre-existed at the time of joining GRC. This decision is solely at the discretion of the Board, and subject to deduction of fees committed on behalf of the registrant.